The scheme by A J Carter of Wakefield begun in 1996 in consultation with Dr Noel Rawsthorne involved the restoration of all the mechanisms within the instrument. The substantial Blowing Plant was rebuilt by Allfab
Engineering of Methley. The organ now utilises solid-state transmission throughout, and the console has been completely re-furbished. With that exception, the result of all the endeavour cannot easily be seen since
it has involved soundboards, re-leathering, new magnets and other crucial areas. A small number of tonal adjustments has been made - the Great reeds have been re-cast and a Vox Humana stop, the gift of Andrew
Carter, provided. A new Solo reed, the Jubilee Trumpet, was installed in the Summer of 2002 with funds provided by the generous legacy bequeathed to the Friends of the Music of Leeds Parish Church by Dr Melville
Cook, Organist here from 1937 to 1956.